Start the day right with these simple lemon and ginger shots. Acting as a quick home remedy that's full of antioxidants, anti-inflammatories, and vitamin C. It can help fight off viruses, boost your energy levels and improve the digestive system as a natural cleanser.
- 3 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup water, plus more when serving
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Start by rinsing and scrubbing the ginger root. There’s no need to peel it, just cut it into small enough pieces so they can pass through the juicer.
- Squeeze the lemons & process with water and ginger into a blender on high. Blend until frothy, for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer.
- Add the cayenne pepper and honey, then stir well.
- To serve, stir 1 oz. ginger-lemon shot & with 1 oz. of water and shot!
- Refrigerate for up to a week, or freeze the juice into ice cubes and defrost when needed.